Saturday, March 16, 2013

13.1 Race Day Checklist

Well, my come-to-Jesus moment is almost here.  In less than 12 hours, I'll wake up at an ungodly hour of the morning (is 4:45 even considered morning??) to lace up my running shoes and put 12 weeks of training to the test!  I am feeling simultaneous waves of excitement and anxiety.  I think butterflies in the morning might eat me alive!  Actually they've already started! 

 
Dawn's 13.1 Race Day Checklist:

1.  Duct-tape sports bra

2.  Chapstick.  Cause I'm an addict.

3.  170.4 training miles logged

4.  Shamrock green painted fingernails (Happy St Patty's Day tomorrow!)


5.  Good music (Pitbull, Mumford & Sons, Kanye West, LMFAO, Pink...and some Newsboys, Tobymac thrown in there.  Eclectic huh!)

6.  SPIbelt (in lieu of wearing my full hydration belt for race)

7.  Friends!  We're all here, ready to roll...

8.  Room with a view!  Our fam of 5 is squashed into a 1 bedroom suite, but it's oceanfront, so I'll take it.


9.  A healthy family here with me; can I get an A-men! 

10.  Race bib!

Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us...   Hebrews 12:1

Tomorrow!
Dawn

2 comments:

  1. duct tape bra. ahem. some of us don't need those. at all. i'm so so proud of you dawn. your time was great, and you had a great attitude. the big question is: will you do another?

    ReplyDelete