Sunday, March 30, 2014

Cauliflower Taco Salad

I saw this recipe for Cauliflower Taco Salad show up on a few of my Facebook friends' feeds recently and knew I wanted to try it.  It was awesome - a keeper!  The ground cauliflower and lentils together are so similar to ground taco meat, my oldest didn't even know it wasn't until I told her!  This recipe makes quite a bit, so you will likely have extra for leftovers or to freeze for another quick taco night.  I did have to put the cauliflower in my food processor in several small batches (as opposed to stuffing it all in at once) in order to get all of the cauliflower ground up into rice size.  

I used this Sprouted Lentil Trio by truRoots brand, which I found at Harris Teeter.  I was so excited to discover these sprouted lentils cook in only 6 minutes!  Sprouting is known to boost vitamins and minerals and increase accessibility of nutrients, while cutting cooking time.  Pretty cool, huh.

Enjoy!
dawn  


No comments:

Post a Comment