Saturday, March 22, 2014

Quinoa Salad with Lemon Basil Dressing

I know, it's another quinoa salad.  I hope you are not bored with quinoa yet.  It is such a nutritious complete protein, that I find myself using it often.  With our busy lives and the need for quick, healthy lunches for my husband and I, I have taken to fixing a large batch of a cold bean, quinoa, or orzo salad on the weekends, that we are able to use all week.  This is a new favorite.  Sorry...no picture.  



Quinoa Salad with Lemon Basil Dressing
1 cup uncooked quinoa
15 oz. can chickpeas, rinsed & drained
1 pt. grape tomatoes
1 bell pepper, any color
1.5 cups frozen organic corn (it will thaw)
4 green onions

Dressing:
2 T. extra virgin olive oil
2 T. fresh lemon juice
2 cloves minced garlic
fresh basil

Cook quinoa according to package directions.  In a small bowl whisk olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, and several chopped fresh basil leaves.  Dice green onions, tomatoes, and bell pepper.  When quinoa is done cooking, let it cool.  Then place all ingredients in a large bowl.  Pour dressing over top and mix well to combine.  Chill before serving.

If you love Chili's salsa, or thin salsa in general, you will love this Pioneer Woman Restaurant Style Salsa.  I use half of a jalapeno and omit the sugar.  It still has a kick that my kids do not enjoy, but Chris and I love, so experiment with the heat as you like.

In other random trivia, the Bible study I do with my neighbors, wrapped up our winter study a while ago.  We just began a new study for spring.  We are reading  A Confident Heart, by Renee Swope of Proverbs 31 Ministries.  Great book on such a difficult topic for women (confidence).  Where do you find your confidence?

Blessings-
dawn


No comments:

Post a Comment