Monday, January 30, 2012

Mountain goodness...

This past weekend, the Olive family rented a house overlooking Grandfather Mountain.  I turned off my phone for 2.5 days!  Great to unplug!  (So great to see all your comments/likes on Facebook when I turned on my phone!  Thanks for the support!)

  

Bentley and I love to try new restaurants when we travel, but honestly our kids just wanted to stay at the rental property and play.  So, we compromised!  On Friday night we tried Hob Nob Cafe in Boone, NC.  http://www.hobnobfarmcafe.com/  So many yummy local PLANT based ingredients.
My man with his curry veg meal and my bowl of quinoa goodness. (with seitan on top)


We made a stop at Earth Fare to pick up a few groceries before heading up the mountain.  We ate 4 meals in our cabin and saved money and time by doing so.  Plus we were able to pack in fruits & veggies.  We brought along our air popper and popped popcorn for movie night too!

Among my favorite find at Earth Fare was a little granola bar packed full of yummy goodness - Macrobar!  http://www.gomacro.com/  The granola with coconut was yummy!
Unfortunately Whole Foods in Cary did not have them when I checked today, but I'll keep you posted if I find them at a store.  In the meantime, Amazon Macrobars always pulls through.  Just placed an order!
Hope your weekends were filled with good times and good food!


2 comments:

  1. There is an Earthfare in Brier Creek! We go at least once a week and what little meat we eat comes from there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heard they have a Kids Eat Free night there too!

    ReplyDelete