Thursday, April 4, 2013

These are a Few of my Favorite Things...

I wanted to share several things I've discovered  recently that I really like!  Several of my dear friends and I often snap pictures of products, recipes, quotes, etc. that we like and send them to one another. Always fun to share the sweet findings of the world with those you care about :)
(By the way, these are in no particular order.)


1.Peeled Snacks!  Dried fruit that is chewy instead of crunchy.  You can find it at Whole Foods near the bulk food items.


2.  Synergy Drinks.  An acquired taste for sure!  Contains Kombucha - probiotics and antioxidants!  You can find them near the salad bar at Whole Foods in the bottom of the cold individual drink cooler.  
Whole Foods Salad Bar!  I eat lunch here about two times a week since I am on this side of town for my girls' schools.  Bentley and I meet for a lunch date once a week, and this is usually our "go to place."  They have so many veggies on the salad bar and since I eat what I buy, nothing is wasted.   


3.  My new shoes!  Dawn has written about our running journey this spring!  I started having ankle/foot tendon issues about 2 months ago.  Determined to complete the race, I saw Kelley at Total Body Rehab!  Kelley came highly recommended by Dawn and she was FANTASTIC!  The whole office is friendly, knowledgable, and cares about you as a person!  With her help and knowledge, my ankle/foot healed much quicker and I learned so much about my body in the process.
Another decision I made was to retire my Vibrams and purchase these new Saucony shoes!  I've worn Vibrams for 2 years, but  for as many miles as I've been logging, I needed something with more cushion.  Capital Run Walk helped fit me for the correct running shoes and I wore them everywhere that week and on race day!  I had no issues and no blisters!  God is good and these shoes rock!  (Not to mention I love the color!   


4.  Tazo Decaf Chai.  I am not even a chai kind of girl, but this is so good!  Add your tea bag to hot water and then I add a little soy or almond milk to make it a bit creamy!  I think I bought this at Target!


5.  Seeds Family Worship!  My pack included 2 CDs, so I could give one away!  It's scripture set to music.  There are 6 different CDs I believe, and this is the first in the series.  I am terrible at memorizing scripture, and this has helped me learn 12 new verses!  Plus, I love the idea of hiding away scripture in my kids hearts!  

6.  Unreal Candy!  Dawn introduced me to this when I was buying snacks for my daughter's 100 day of school party.  It's not a health food, but a much better alternative to the normal chocolate candy bought for kids!  Best part - you can find it at Target!  This is what my girls got in their Easter Basket this year.


 7.  Quinoa with Vegetables.  This IS a health food and so quick and easy!  You can find it in the freezer section at Whole Foods!


8.Nehemiah!  I recently completed this study with 5 other amazing women over 7 weeks.  Each week we gathered to watch the 20 minute videos where Kelly introduces you to men and women who are truly living out being the hands and feet of Jesus in all parts of the world.  She was able to beautifully tie this in to the study of Nehemiah who had a heart who broke for his people.  Through prayer and an unwavering commitment to God, Nehemiah rebuilt a city which God's Son Jesus would one day enter!   Through studying Nehemiah, you will be challenged to find what breaks your heart in this world and what God is calling you to do about it!  God's timing always amazes me, and this was just the study I needed this winter!  


9.  Along those some lines, my favorite blog post recently:  What Would You Look Like?  I love when Beth is real and struggles with some of the same things I do and then shares that with us!  As a side note, I get to hear Beth Moore LIVE next weekend in Greensboro!  YAY!   I am going to write a blog post in response to this topic soon, so be on the lookout!

10.  Great Harvest Bread Company!  I love fresh bread and I love local.  Check it out if you haven't done so yet!

We love hearing from you in our comments section!  Feel free to share with all of us a "favorite thing of yours."

-leanne

2 comments:

  1. Seeds Family Worship is one of our favorites, Leanne! We ALSO love the 2 kids albums done by Sovereign Grace Music (Awesome God and Be Like Jesus). Check them out, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My kids got unreal candy in their baskets too, and Paige very politely asked me to stop eating it. Time for a trip to target! Fantastic list!

    ReplyDelete