Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Green Pina Colada Smoothie

One of my kids shared this nasty cold/cough bug with me and I've been trying to fight it hard with food.  I set out to make a green smoothie and was looking for something a little different from my norm.  I went in search of fruits high in Vitamin C and discovered 3/4 cup of frozen pineapple chunks contains 130% daily value of Vitamin C.  I threw this little yummy concoction together with ingredients I had in the house:


1/2 c. unsweetened coconut milk
3/4 c. frozen pineapple chunks (~12 chunks)
1 T. unsweetened shredded coconut
1 handful fresh spinach
1 handful (or 1 stalk) fresh kale
ice

Blend until smooth.  Add more coconut milk or ice to adjust the texture to your liking.

Happy Spring!
dawn



1 comment:

  1. how do you make it look like a green-colored shake and not a weird-colored concoction with green bits in it?

    ReplyDelete