Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Top 10 Favorite Quick Clean Lunches

This is a list of our favorite quick lunches that are easy to assemble!  They are great for eating at home or to pack on the go!  We always try to have something green at lunch if possible!


1.  Brown rice (microwave packet) & shelled edamame, with low sodium tamari/soy sauce (Or brown rice & black beans, with splash of pure lime juice)
2.  Salad with clean (or homemade) dressing.  Be creative!
3.  Ezekiel tortilla stuffed with veggies & hummus
4.  Ann's Panini with Hummus, Mushrooms, and Spinach
5.  Leftovers
6.  Dr. Praeger's California Veggie Burger (freezer section at TJ's and WF's), topped with hummus and pico de gallo or TJ's Black Bean & Corn salsa (cold section TJ's) served over a bed of spinach
7.  Lucky 32 Black Bean Cake (double batch and freeze extras), topped similar to #6 and served over a bed of greens
8.  Ezekiel tortilla spread with peanut butter (or any other nut butter) and honey.  Cold or warm in pan.  
9. Sliced avocado, tomato, cucumber, with a splash of white vinegar and sprinkle of garlic powder.
10. Smoothies - think green!

3 comments:

  1. I am new to your blog. Could you post some ideas for clean or homemade dressings? Or point me in the right direction? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We use the "Health Starts Here" dressings from Whole Foods. They are located in the produce section of the grocery story near the boxed lettuces. We also like the 3-2-1 dressing which is 3 tbs. balsamic vinegar, 2 tbs. dijon mustard, 1 tbs. honey. I will also squeeze a lemon or orange over my salad for added flavor. Hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My friend just introduced me to your blog, and I can't seem to peel myself away! My (very carnivorous) husband and I just watched "Forks Over Knives" and now he's an overnight vegan. We've been eating clean for quite some time, so this is just a little shift in the right direction. We have two young kids (who are great eaters - phew!) so I'm searching for easy weeknight quick clean dinners for the family. Do you have a list of "Top 10 Dinners" on your blog like the lunch and breakfast list? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete