Sunday, September 21, 2014

Avocado Kale Salad

Mmmmmm, I found my new favorite kale salad!  There is an Avocado Kale Salad at Whole Foods that seems to be a favorite amongst my food nerd friends.  However, it seems every time I am in the store, they never have it.  So, I have absolutely no idea what it tastes like.  If it tastes like this one, I am a fan!  This is so easy to throw together, you'll love it!


Avocado Kale Salad
1 bunch kale, stemmed & finely chopped
1/2 avocado
2 T lemon juice
1/2 t. soy sauce
1/4 t. minced garlic
pinch of salt

Toss ingredients together in a large bowl.  Use your hands to mash the avocado and other ingredients into the kale. Set aside for 10-20 minutes to allow kale to soften.  I pull my avocados out of the fridge as I store them there once ripe, so my salad is already cold.  If you are using a room temperature avocado, you may want to refrigerate the salad before enjoying.  Leftovers are good the next day, too!  Melts in your mouth, yummmm...

Dawn

Recipe adapted from Whole Foods


No comments:

Post a Comment