Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Lemon Vinaigrette Dressing


Hi friends,
Don't you just LOVE 3 day weekends!  I think it should always be a 3 day weekend and 4 day work/school week!  

This is a great post I came upon.  I told LeAnne I didn't know whether to laugh, because it was so spot on between the 70's and now, or to cry because life was so much simpler back then.

On other random topics, I read The Husband's Secret over the long weekend.  I flew through it in 24 hours.  Super awesome book!  Brilliant writing and plot.  If you were a fan of Gone Girl or On The Island, this would probably be your "type" of book, though it was not strange like Gone Girl in case you were not a fan.  I will say, the husband's secret...SHOCKING!  I did not see that coming.  It is not the only secret in the book, though.  I love how the author brings it all together in the Epilogue at the end to show the power of secrets and how wildly different the characters lives would be if secrets were revealed.


I bought this fun little gadget this summer, called a Veggetti.  Zucchini noodles seem to be everywhere and I have a few friends who rave about theirs, so I decided to give it a try.  It is really fun and easy to use!  After experimenting a few times, I concluded I liked my noodles best if I peeled my zucchini first.  I am sure that strips away a lot of nutrients, but for this I don't really care.  (smile

It is a super easy lunch to saute a zucchini in a pan with splash of veggie broth or olive oil and top with your favorite marinara sauce.  Another easy delight I've found is to halve grape or cherry tomatoes, toss in the pan with zucchini noodles while they sautee.  After the mixture reaches your desired tenderness, add 1 small spoonful of pesto to pan.  Stir, warm, and serve!  Yum! 



I'll leave you with a little dressing recipe I've grown to love.

Lemon Thyme Vinaigrette

1/3 c. extra virgin olive oil
1/4 c. pure lemon juice
1/2 t. dijon mustard
1 garlic clove, minced
1 t. honey (softened in microwave)
1/4 t. salt
1/4 t. ground pepper
1/4 t. ground thyme

Whisk ingredients to combine.  If you save dressing for later, you will want to shake or whisk again before serving, as oil and juice will separate.  My lunch obsession recently has been peeled and steamed baby beets (already cooked, in the refrigerated section at Trader Joe's and also recently my Super Target started carrying them!), and crumbled feta over spring greens, topped with this Lemon Thyme Vinaigrette.  Sometimes I will sprinkle on some chopped walnuts or pecans.  Yummm!  
  





















Happy pretend "Monday"-
dawn

P.S. For all my OCD friends out there...yes, I know my pictures aren't centered!  Since I started uploading pics onto the Blogger App on my phone, I cannot get them to "center" when editing on my laptop.  It bugs me, too... sorry, you'll have to deal with it :)

Recipe adapted from Musings of a Housewife

No comments:

Post a Comment