Monday, March 5, 2012

Best EVER Peanut Butter Cookies


I have a friend who I share recipes and food with on a weekly basis.  When I cook something I love, I bring her some to try and she does the same.  It's a great way to taste new things and experiment with new recipes!  She gave me these cookies to try today and OH MY GOODNESS they are delicious!  A new staple dessert recipe for sure!  This food journey was never meant to be lived alone!  Grab a friend and share what you are finding you love!  Feel free to email us or post on our Facebook page recipes your family has enjoyed!  We are in this together to be healthy and strong!
Ingredients:
1 cup crunchy peanut butter
3/4 cup honey
1 tbs. flax meal mixed with 3 tbs. water (let mixture rest for 5 minutes)
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour
1/4 cup chocolate chips optional (we use vegan which are made with soy)
Directions:
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.  Combine all ingredients except the chocolate chips in a large mixing bowl and stir until well combined.  Once the mixture is combined, fold in your chocolate chips.  (I divided the mixture into 3 different batches and made 1/3 plain peanut butter, 1/3 with chocolate chips, and 1/3 with chocolate chips and 1/4 cup of oatmeal.)  Honestly I liked all 3 batches!  
Using two teaspoons, scoop and drop the cookies onto a parchment lined cookie sheet.


Bake for 10-12 minutes.  (I baked mine for 11 and they were the perfect chewy consistency.)  Note that the cookies will bake up exactly as they are on the cookie sheet without spreading.
Remove from the oven and cool.  
enjoy every bite-
leanne
Note:  These cookies were adapted from a recipe on The Gracious Pantry Website who adapted them from a recipe from Paula Dean.

No comments:

Post a Comment