Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Did You Know?

Did you know almost all store-bought jars of pickles, relish, peppers, etc. contain yellow food dye!  I was shocked when I discovered this when I began reading labels several years ago.  I now buy all pickled products at Trader Joe's or Whole Foods, as none of theirs contain food dye.

And, did you know about these awesome Unreal candies that contain no food dyes, no corn syrup, no partially hydrogenated oils, are made with less sugar than their competitors, and can be purchased at Target!  Whenever one of my kids needs m&m's for school (or Mom gets a sweet tooth!), these are my go-to.

Why do we try really hard to avoid artificial coloring in our foods?  Vibrantly colored food has become the norm, but studies show they carry profound risks.  Artificial coloring (also found in medicines and cosmetics!) has been linked to hyperactivity in children, ADHD, cancer, allergies, etc.

dawn

No comments:

Post a Comment