Friday, April 6, 2012

Easter Blessings

We interrupt our regular food blogging, to bring you this special Good Friday message.   Because, while we are passionate about living healthfully, our first love is Jesus!  Easter weekend is like the SuperBowl for us Jesus girls!  In the words of the song God's Not Dead (Like a Lion):

"My God's not dead, He's surely alive.  He's livin' on the inside, roaring like a lion!"


There is a beautiful, fairly new song by Natalie Grant, called Alive, that has been on repeat on my iPod for the last few weeks.  I fell in love the first time I heard it.  The lyrics are beautiful!  On this Easter weekend, where we celebrate our LIVING Saviour, I'd encourage you to take a moment, read through the lyrics, spend a moment listening to the song, and worshiping our magnificent Creator.  Pause and dwell on that thought, that Jesus died for YOU!  If you were the only person on the planet, He still would have made that ultimate sacrifice just for you!  You are loved and treasured!  And He's alive and dying to be in relationship with YOU, His most magnificent creation!

Before I leave you with lyrics and video, I'll give a shameless plug for my church, Hope Community, where we've been members for 11 years.  If you are looking for a place to celebrate and worship this weekend, it's a great place to be!  You'll be greeted by amazing, loving people and will enjoy vibrant worship and great teaching.  There are 12 Easter celebration services at our 3 campuses this weekend.  We operate these services by using a (free) ticket system, to help us "crowd control".  But, we also plan for guests who arrive and don't have a ticket.  So, if you don't have a ticket, just SHOW UP!  We'll make you feel at home!  My family attends our West Cary Campus and I'm glad to meet you and give you a familiar face to sit with.

Easter blessings, friends!
dawn

Who but You, could breathe and leave a trail of galaxies and dream of me?
What kind of Love is writing my story till the end with Mercy’s pen?
Only You.
What kind of king would choose to wear a crown that bleeds and scars to win my heart?
What kind of Love tells me I’m the reason He can’t stay inside the grave?
You. Is it You? Standing here before my eyes, every part of my heart cries

Alive! Alive! Look what Mercy’s overcome; Death has lost and Love has won
Alive! Alive! Hallelujah, Risen Lord, the only One I fall before
I am His because He is alive.

Who could speak, and send the demons back from where they came with just one Name?
What other heart would let itself be broken every time till He healed mine?
You. Only You could turn my darkness into dawn; running right into Your arms

Alive! Alive! Look what Mercy’s overcome; Death has lost and Love has won
Alive! Alive! Hallelujah, Risen Lord, the only One I fall before
I am His because He is

Emmanuel, the promised King the baby who made angels sing
Son of Man who walked with us, healing, breathing in our dust
The author of all history, the answer to all mysteries
The Lamb of God who rolled away, the stone in front of every grave

Alive! Alive! Look what Mercy’s overcome; Death has lost and Love has won
Alive! I am His because He is alive.
Alive!

No comments:

Post a Comment