Monday, February 27, 2012

PBO Smoothie!

You know those foods you crave and could seriously eat every day?!  Well for me it's the peanut butter oatmeal smoothie.  SERIOUSLY ya'll!  I crave it daily.  My friend Jenni introduced me to it and it's remained my very favorite for almost a year now (and I drink a lot of smoothies)!  Bentley thinks I am nuts, but of course always wants me to make him some too!   Oh and now I NEVER measure.  Just put in the amounts as I am craving them that day!

Peanut Butter Oatmeal Smoothie  (aka PBO smoothie)

Put the ingredients into your Vitamix or Blender in this order:

1/2 - 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
1 tablespoon peanut butter (or almond butter)
1/4 cup uncooked oatmeal (rolled oats are best)
1 banana
Handful of ICE - I like mine cold!

Note:  If I've worked out (lifted heavy), I'll add a scoop of protein powder :)
Sometimes I add flaxseed or chia seeds too for extra Omega 3 & fiber!


Blend until smooth!  Pour into cups and I ALWAYS drink it with a straw!



Happy cravings-
leanne

1 comment: