Thursday, February 9, 2012

You're Beautiful Because...

In honor of "Beauty Week" in the P.O.W.E.R. studios this month, I asked my 6 year old daughter Eliza what it looked like to be "beautiful."  She replied, "Everyone's beautiful mom."  When I asked her why, she responded, "Because God made them."  Maybe we are doing something to change the way our daughters view themselves and those around them.  In fact, that is where we should all start when we climb out of bed in the morning and make our way to the bathroom mirror.  I am going to put a post-it- note on my own mirror this month with the words, "You are beautiful because He made you."

True beauty comes from knowing your identity in the one who created you.

I heard this song on the radio yesterday morning and it made me smile thinking about each of you.
Mercy Me - Beautiful

"you are treasured, you are sacred, you are His"

-leanne

No comments:

Post a Comment