Friday, February 24, 2012

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Protein Bars

1 1/2 c. old fashioned oats
1 c. almond (or peanut) butter
1/2 c. honey
1/2 c. pumpkin
1/2 c. unsweetened apple sauce
1 c. protein powder (optional)
2 T. pumpkin pie spice
1/2 c. dark chocolate chips (optional)


This is a recipe I've adapted from The Gracious Pantry to suit my own tastes.   
Preheat oven to 350.  Roast oats for 10-15 minutes on a cookie sheet (until golden brown).  Remove from oven and cool.  Mix all ingredients in a bowl. Spread dough to 1/2 inch thickness in a baking dish or 1/2 sized cookie sheet.  Bake for 20 minutes or until it is golden brown.  Cool.  Cut into granola bar size, and store in airtight container. 

Note:  These are very soft and moist.  They are not portable bars, as they crumble easily.  You will want to enjoy their deliciousness over a plate or napkin!

2 comments:

  1. Hi guys, I turned on my computer JUST so I could get this receipe off your blog as I'm heading out the door to the grocery store! Thanks for the blogging! Love ya'll for it! Sarah

    ReplyDelete